Latvia’s defence minister told Euronews that Europe’s reaction to Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine has been uneven, and he urged the bloc to act more quickly on collective defence and sanctions as the invasion’s fourth anniversary approaches. “While there is broad principled agreement within the EU and NATO on the need to back Ukraine, delivery has not always matched ambition,” Andris Spruds told Euronews on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference, rejecting claims that Europe has failed Ukraine four years into the conflict.
In terms of tenacity, motivation, common values and interests, and policy support for Ukraine, he stated, “The glass is half full.” “Where the glass might be a bit half empty, it is in the volumes and speed of the implementation.” Following Washington’s decision last year to halt all financial and military aid to the war-torn nation, Europe is by far the largest donor to Ukraine and is mostly anticipated to stay that way. Over the next two years, the group pledged to provide €90 billion for Ukraine’s needs.
In addition, the EU is now debating its 20th set of sanctions on Russia, which it believes will be approved by February 24, the fourth anniversary of the conflict. The package’s primary component, which was proposed by the European Commission earlier this month, is a complete prohibition on maritime services with the goal of further undermining Russia’s energy earnings.
Also Read:
The US Puts More Military Pressure on Iran Before Crucial Negotiations
After a Legal Threat From Disney, ByteDance has Decided to Restrict its AI Video App










































