The US president claims that long-time ally Elon Musk’s rejection of his flagship budget measure “disappointed” and “very surprised” him. I had a wonderful friendship with Elon. On Thursday, Trump told reporters at the White House, “I don’t know if we will anymore.”
It was the president’s most outspoken attack to date on Musk’s lobbying activities against the plans to reduce government spending and cut taxes, which Musk and several Republicans have criticised. Musk responded by accusing the president of “such ingratitude” and doubling down on X, saying, “Trump would have lost the election without me.
Musk resigned from his position at the Department of Government Efficiency last week after 129 days on the job. At a triumphant press conference on May 30, Trump gave Musk a golden key.
Since then, however, he has often attacked Trump’s budget package, which is presently being considered by Congress, calling it a “disgusting abomination” and making comments along the lines of “Shame on those who voted for it: you know you did wrong. All Democrats and a few members of Trump’s party rejected the plan, which was supported by the majority of Republicans in the House.
Also Read:
Musk Says Trump’s Tax and Spending Plan Has Disappointed Him